Our Roots and History
Bank of Colorado is known in the communities we serve for our strength, stability, service, and values. It's been that way since our beginning in Palmer, Nebraska.
During the Great Depression, Palmer's only bank closed. So, brothers George and Tom Dinsdale, along with some friends, decided to do something to help their community.
Roy and Jack, George's sons, first started expanding their family-owned bank in 1959 when they purchased the bank in Neligh, Nebraska.
The Dinsdale family purchased Fort Lupton State Bank and entered the Colorado market for the first time.
Throughout the 80s and 90s, we expanded across the Eastern Plains, down the Front Range and over the Western Slope. In 1998, we unified all 19 Colorado branches under a single name, Bank of Colorado. During that time, the Dinsdale’s bank network grew to serve 5 states with 78 branch locations.
In the early 21st century, Bank of Colorado continued to grow across Colorado and beyond, including the Denver Metro Area and into Gallup, New Mexico.